Thursday 21 June 2007

Wasted Day....

Oh what a fantastic day at work I just had.

Walk in at 7:50am, 10 minutes before I officially start, so for once I'm not late!!! If you haven't guessed I turn up to work late 99.9% of the time. I'm such a lazy git. lol.

Anyhow, I walk in at 7:50am, turn on my PC, wait a good 10 minutes for it to boot up properly and open our email client (as each day passes my machine continually gets slower) and then I start reading through emails....a few of which are from one of the senior managers. One email really got my attention and as i read in depth, I knew the day was going to be bad.


It turns out we missed removing an item (that's used when checking/repairing the engine) and this item actually prevents proper function of the engine. Suffice to say it is our fault. Which then led onto the day being spend with various people doing various reports so our Quality team can do a root cause analysis and corrective actions to prevent this from happening again.

I can tell you EXACTLY why it happened. Carelessness and irresponsibility.

Of course part of the corrective action for QA will always be...more paper work.

More paper work achieves very little other than the ability to point the finger of blame when an item is missed but has been signed off as completed. What needs to be changed is the culture/behaviour of people. That'll never happen with paper work and never with training, most of the shop guys fall asleep with their eyes open during lessons, I know I've taught lessons.

I'm a megalomaniac so if i was in charge, I'd fire people just to sh*t them up.

Bleh, and this sordid saga won't end till the meeting on Monday and then probably a following meeting 2 weeks after that. Wasting my life away in dumb meetings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home