Thursday 4 October 2007

Why is goodbye the hardest thing to do?

Watching Scrubs (season 6 episode 15) made me reflect on the past year floating between the moments my dad was there and when he was gone.

Deep down I had always hoped that he would pull through by some miracle. I never had the chance to actually say goodbye while his was still hanging in there. I could always chalk it up to the fact that the whole event, from healthy man to passing away, was quick; less than 3 weeks. However the truth is I was never ready to accept reality.

Oddly enough, it took a TV show to really drill home to me the stark truth about myself. I was never ready to let go of my dad.

This is the man, my father, about 3 and a half years ago holding his grandson (my sister's first born), Benjamin.





























May he rest in peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Pig said...

Hugs, its never easy letting go of someone so dear to you. My nan passed away when I was 13, and till today, I can still remember her smile. She passed away so suddenly from a stroke. It takes time to ease the pain, once again, my condolence, and may God bless your family and heal their wounds as well as yours.

7 October 2007 at 21:28  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home